After the release of his recent single, “On Me,” featuring O.T Genesis; we get a chance to know Miami artist, Barachi, in this exclusive interview.
1. How long have you been doing what you’re doing and how did you get started in the first place?
“I started singing in church, I was a soloist in the choir. That’s where I honed my talent. (I) also got into poetry as a teen, that soon turned into writing music.”
2. Who were the first influences on your music and style?
“Growing up I listened to Michael Jackson, Biggie Smalls, Brian McKnight, and Boys 2 Men, to name a few.”
3. In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre today and why?
“I would say Drake, Beyoncé, (and) Kanye West; clearly they influenced and shaped the way we hear today’s music.”
4. Do you think your music is mostly enjoyed more for the beats or for the lyrical flow and content?
“Both, the beat creates a vibe that inspires me to pen dope lyrics. Plus we live in a visual era, so content is just as important as music.”
5. Do you write your own lyrics? If yes, what do you think about artists who use ghost writers?
“I write my own lyrics, but I also collaborate with other writers. Some of the biggest billboard hits have multiple writers and producers.”
6. If you could choose to work with some of today’s established artists or producers, to move your game to the top, with whom would you like to collaborate?
“There’s to many to name, but I would say Kanye, Drake, and Pharrell.”
7. Which latest songs, videos or mixtapes releases are currently available to your fans and where can they be heard or downloaded?
“My latest single is “On Me” Ft. Ot Genasis. The official music video is out right now on YouTube, you can also check it out on Spotify, and other streaming platforms.”
8. Which ingredient do you think is most essential in making your sound and style the way it is?
“Key ingredient for me is originality, just being myself, catch a vibe, and creating my own unique sound.”
9. Which emotion more than any other, currently dominates your music? Joy, sadness, anger or passion etc. , and why?
“A lot of Passion. I Love to create music, no cap. When you hear my music you’ll feel that.”
10. What aspect of the music making process excites you most, and what aspect discourages you the most?
“For me the creative process of music is always exciting, and therapeutic. Sometimes I get annoyed with the business side of the music industry, but that’s part of the game.”
11. How involved are you in the recording, producing, mastering, marketing, and other processes needed to make and sell your music, and do you outsource any part of these processes?
“I’m fully involved from top to bottom; writing, recording, vocal arrangement, mixing, and producing etc. I’m not just an artist, I’m also VP of our label, so it’s all hands on deck.”
12. Do you think the advent of internet and all the new technology has helped your music and independent musicians in general, or do you think it just creates a mass of mediocre “copycats” who flood the web, making it difficult to distinguish yourself?
“The internet can make anyone famous, everyone wants to be a star. It’s great because artists can be seen and heard on a global scale, but it’s also crowded. I just stay true to my own style and sound so I can’t relate to “copycats.””
13. What in your opinion is the biggest barrier an artist like yourself, has to face and overcome, to gain any commercial success?
“Having the right people on your team and in your circle that you can trust, is key. If you don’t have that, it could turn into a barrier for any artist.”
14. In closing, tell us something about any projects and ideas you have in store or are already working on as well as where people can find your music.
“I’m releasing my new EP, At the Table, this Summer. My hit single “On Me,” is out right now on all streaming platforms. You can also catch it on the radio waves right now nationwide.”
Social Media: @barachimusic
You might also like
More from Interviews
RESPECT. Interview: Duckwrth Talks Latest EP, SG8*, Being Apart Of The Space Jam: A New Legacy Soundtrack, Touring With Billie Eilish + Much More
LA-based recording artist, musician and designer, Duckwrth, has released his new project, SG8*, out now. The project is aptly named after the SuperGood …
RESPECT. Interview: Boslen Talks Debut Album ‘Dusk to Dawn’, Signing to Capitol Records, Dream Collaboration + More
Vancouver-bred genre-defying artist Boslen shares his debut album DUSK to DAWN. The 22-year-old rapper’s first body of work since signing to Capitol Records in partnership …
RESPECT. Interview: Prince Taee Talks New Single “Certified Stepper”, Dream Collaboration + Much More
Rapper and songwriter, PRINCE TAEE, co-signed by legends like Jazzy Pha and Fabolous released his newest single/video for “Certified Stepper ft. EST GEE …