In an rare sit down interview, we get to know more about Pennsylvania’s very own, Deezy Cascone. He talks about his long hiatus from music, his inspirations, his hardships and more! Check out the full interview below!
1. How long have you been making music?
2. Who were the first music influences?
3. In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre today and why?
4. Do you think your music is mostly enjoyed more for the beats or for the lyrical flow and content?
5. Do you write your own lyrics? If yes, what do you think about artists who use ghost writers?
6. If you could choose to work with some of today’s established artists or producers, to move your game to the top, with whom would you like to collaborate?
7. Name some of your latest songs, videos and/or mixtapes releases that are currently available to your fans; and where can they be heard or downloaded?
8. Which ingredient do you think is most essential in making your sound and style the way it is?
9. Which emotion more than any other, currently dominates your music? Joy, sadness, anger or passion etc., and why?
10. What aspect of the music making process excites you most, and what aspect discourages you the most?
11. How involved are you in the recording, producing, mastering, marketing, and other processes needed to make and sell your music, and do you outsource any part of these processes?
12. Do you think the advent of internet and all the new technology has helped your music and independent musicians in general, or do you think it just creates a mass of mediocre of “copycats” who flood the web, making it difficult to distinguish yourself?
“Both. I think that it has helped by giving us opportunities to build something from the ground up without labels. But it still involves money and you have to educate yourself on how to avoid scammers and fraudulent activity ’cause there is a lot of it on the internet. I also feel that it does over saturate the market with tons of nonsense so it’s easy for the real ones to get overlooked. But that’s where your work ethic comes into play and that’s something I’m still working on.”
13. What in your opinion is the biggest barrier for an artist like yourself to gain any commercial success?
“Criticism from the whole world, not letting that get in your head and affect your confidence and how you move. Also being put in a box, being labeled a certain type of artist for example, being called “underground,” or “mainstream,” or whatever. Once you get labeled, the people have certain expectations and makes it hard for you to branch out. And also money, which is a critical tool in staying consistent while trying to get on.”
14. In closing, tell us something about any projects and ideas you have in store or are already working on as well as where people can find your music.
“I’m going to keep releasing singles for right now until I gain some traction, maybe and EP sometime this year. My next single is called “M.F.P (Muthafuckin Prick.)” I don’t have a release date yet, but stay tuned. My music can be found on all major digital platforms, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal , YouTube, Deezer, Jango, Cd Baby etc. Much Love to all my people!”
Stay up to date with Deezy Cascone via Instagram (@deezy_cascone).
More from Interviews
RESPECT. Interview: Fat Joe Talks Pepsi “Your Wildest Dreams” First-Ever Virtual Hip Hop Talent Competition + His Ideal Star Qualities In a Rapper
Pepsi and Grammy-nominated artist Fat Joe announced Florida native Tyon Davis (T-Lyon) as the winner of Pepsi Wild Cherry “Your …
RESPECT. Interview: Nyck Caution Talks ‘Anywhere But Here’, Gives Top 5 Rappers, Mental Health + More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC6JHPcMtJs&feature=youtu.be Brooklyn MC Nyck Caution has dropped his anticipated full-length album, Anywhere But Here. Featuring his new single with Carol City phenom, …
RESPECT. Interview: Kenny Burns Talks Pepsi Wild Cherry “Your Wildest Dreams” First-Ever Virtual Hip-Hop Talent Competition Exclusively On Triller
Tonight the winner will be announced in the Pepsi Wild Cherry "Your Wildest Dreams” first-ever virtual hip hop talent competition. Airing exclusively …