1. How long have you been doing what you’re doing, and how did you get started in the first place?
2. Who were the first influences on your music and style?
“I would say Drake due to his versatility, and his ability to stay relevant for so many years has propelled him into one of the smartest talents I’ve seen.”
4. Do you think your music is mostly enjoyed more for the beats or for the lyrical flow and content?
5. Do you write your own lyrics? If yes, what do you think about artists who use ghost writers?
7. Which latest songs, videos or mixtapes releases are currently available to your fans and where can they be heard or downloaded?
8. Which ingredient do you think is most essential in making your sound and style the way it is?
9. Which emotion more than any other, currently dominates your music? Joy, sadness, anger or passion etc., and why?
10. What aspect of the music making process excites you most, and what aspect discourages you the most?
11. How involved are you in the recording, producing, mastering, marketing, and other processes needed to make and sell your music, and do you outsource any part of these processes?
12. Do you think the advent of internet and all the new technology has helped your music and independent musicians in general, or do you think it just creates a mass of mediocre “copycats” who flood the web, making it difficult to distinguish yourself?
You might also like
More from Interviews
RESPECT. Interview: Davis Chris Talks About Military Background, and Collab With Quality Control Music For New Release
Davis Chris is 1/2 of American Producer Duo DFD MUSIC repping Houston, TX & Eastern North Carolina. He is also …
Sir Daniel K. Winn is an internationally recognized blue-chip artist, fine-art curator, awarded entrepreneur, and highly respected philanthropist. In recognition of his …
Emerging Talent Managers Stephen Orso and Peter Ashley Discuss Their Growing Label and Promising New Group of Artists
For record label founders, Stephen Orso and Peter Ashley, early artist development, creative and executive solutions, and an unmistakable passion …