1. How long have you been doing what you’re doing, and how did you get started in the first place?
2. Who were the first influences on your music and style?
“I would say Drake due to his versatility, and his ability to stay relevant for so many years has propelled him into one of the smartest talents I’ve seen.”
4. Do you think your music is mostly enjoyed more for the beats or for the lyrical flow and content?
5. Do you write your own lyrics? If yes, what do you think about artists who use ghost writers?
7. Which latest songs, videos or mixtapes releases are currently available to your fans and where can they be heard or downloaded?
8. Which ingredient do you think is most essential in making your sound and style the way it is?
9. Which emotion more than any other, currently dominates your music? Joy, sadness, anger or passion etc., and why?
10. What aspect of the music making process excites you most, and what aspect discourages you the most?
11. How involved are you in the recording, producing, mastering, marketing, and other processes needed to make and sell your music, and do you outsource any part of these processes?
12. Do you think the advent of internet and all the new technology has helped your music and independent musicians in general, or do you think it just creates a mass of mediocre “copycats” who flood the web, making it difficult to distinguish yourself?
You might also like
More from Interviews
RESPECT. Interview: King Staccz Talks Viral Hit “Red Light”, Music Inspirations, Being Signed to RCA Records + More
Born and raised in Flatbush, Brooklyn, 21 year-old rising Brooklyn rapper King Staccz blurs hard-edged trap music with lush instrumentals …
RESPECT. Interview: Patrick Paige II Of The Internet Talks Upcoming Album ‘If I Fail Are We Still Cool?’, Favorite Internet Album + More
Patrick Paige II pumps a flex on “Big Plays” ft. Westside McFly, the latest single from his upcoming album, If I Fail Are We Still Cool?, out May …
RESPECT. Interview: J. Period Talks Animated Album ‘Story To Tell (Chapter One)’, Working With Dave Chappelle & Black Thought On “All In Your Head”
Legendary DJ/Producer J.PERIOD will release Story To Tell (Chapter One) this Friday, April 30. He released the Animated Album Trailer featuring guests: Dave Chappelle, Lin-Manuel Miranda, The Roots’ Black Thought, Jemele …