Two of the Bay Area scene’s most acclaimed acts, Zion I and Equipto, are teaming up this summer to bring independent, socially conscious Hip-Hop to audiences on the West Coast.
From California to Arizona to Oregon and everywhere in between, the Underground Railroad Tour visits 18 cities throughout the region and kicks things off on June 19. Each night will feature some of the most refreshing and spiritually invigorating Hip-Hop being recorded these days, with Zion-I and Equipto both proudly carrying the torch for conscious, thought-provoking Boom bap.
The lineup also includes several talented acts who further diversify the sounds and scope of this incredible tour. Oregon’s own High Step City provides their unique blend of electro-meets-swing’n’bass each night while North Bay spitter Vocab Slick brings his jazzy, hypnotic rhymes. And to keep the crowd moving, DJ True Justice of Berkeley and DJ Cavern of Denver hold it down on the turntables.
The Underground Railroad Tour announcement coincides with the release of Zion I’s latest and incredibly stylish new video for “Kali Yuga.” The standout track from their 2018 EP, Ritual Mystik, features guest appearances from Ida The High Priestess of Bali and Boostive (on the horns), who add their own depth and flavor.
The visuals were directed by Joseph Buckley Campbell and produced by January Sixth Production. Their shared talents transform the already-stellar “Kali Yuga” into something bigger, in part due to the effects and scope of what occurs as Zion I emcee Zumbi delivers his rhymes. It may seem simple at first, but the way everything unfolds and envelops him is truly something to watch.
Here’s how Zumbi described the video: “My vision of Kali Yuga is that of a human being walking through life, with the different energies of one’s life personified.”
Check out the visuals and hit the Linktree for tour dates and merch: https://linktr.ee/
• 6/19 (Wed): The Hopmonk // Sebastopol, CA
• 6/20 (Thurs): Murphy’s Drum // Anderson, CA
• 6/21 (Fri): WildCraft Ciderworks // Eugene, OR
• 6/22 (Sat): The Haul // Grants Pass, OR
• 6/23 (Sun): Turbulence Music Festival // Hillsboro, OR
• 6/24 (Mon): Hawthorne Hideaway // Portland, OR
• 6/26 (Wed): Nector Lounge // Seattle, WA
• 6/27 (Thurs): Wild Buffalo // Bellingham, WA
• 6/28 (Fri): River City Saloon // Hood River, OR
• 6/29 (Sat): The Season Performance Hall // Yakima, WA
• 6/30 (Sun): The Filling Station // Bozeman, MT
• 7/01 (Mon): The Knotty Pine // Victor, ID
• 7/02 (Tues): The Gem // Idaho Falls, ID
• 7/03 (Wed): The Reef // Boise, ID
• 7/04 (Thurs): The Cabin // Park City, UT
• 7/05 (Fri): The Moxi Theater // Greeley, CO
• 7/06 (Sat): Tubleroot Brewing // Santa Fe, NM
• 7/07 (Sun): Trill Ship (In-Store) // Phoenix, AZ
• Zion-I: @ZIONI• Equipto: @EQUIPTO• Vocab Slick: @VocabSlick• DJ True Justice: @djtruejustice
• Zion I: https://www.instagram.com/
• Equipto: https://www.
• Vocab Slick: https://www.instagram.
• DJ True: https://www.instagram.
You might also like
More from Albums/Mixtapes
Westside Gunn’s influence on the culture undeniably looms larger than ever. While the multi-hyphenate artist/label owner/creative/curator/fashion icon has kept his loyal fanbase …
Atlanta duo EARTHGANG have released a deluxe version of their critically acclaimed record, Ghetto Gods. Featuring five additional tracks ranging from remixes, new …
RESPECT. Interview: Money Man Talks New Album ‘Big Money’, Names Top 5 Rappers, New Single ‘New York’ + More
Multi-platinum Atlanta-based artist, entrepreneur and crypto pioneer, Money Man, releases his new album “Big Money” via Black Circle/EMPIRE. Big Money is …