Dae Dae is an up and coming artist who has one of the hottest records on the radio right now in his single, “Wat U Mean.” RESPECT Mag caught up with the Atlanta artist for an interview to catch up on his recent success and discuss his latest single, “Dej Loaf.”
Dae Dae, what part of Atlanta are you from?
- I am from 4th ward of Atlanta
So over by Edgewood?
“What You Mean” came out in 2015, how do you think the track spread over time without much radio play at first?
- I wasn’t surprised because my first thought was to get my friends to like the music I was making at the time. Then the song went to my friend’s brothers and then the track started to spread real quick across Atlanta.
How did you get Lil Yachty to hop on the”Wat U Mean” remix?
- Me and Lil Yachty were actually on the Young Thug “Hi-Tunes” tour, so that is how we were able to link up. One night Yachty asked me if he could get on the song. I told him to go ahead and turn up on it. Yachty ended up doing the record for me at the end of the tour.
Your last mixtape was 4 Reasons. What was it like recording that project?
- This was my first project ever. It was a grind situation to be in the studio. Even though the record was hot, my money situation still wasn’t there yet you feel me ? So a lot of the project, 4 Reasons, is me going through that struggle that I was dealing with at the time.
You are signed to 300 Entertainment, what is it like working with Lyor Cohen?
- I just got off facetime with him for two hours. He basically loves everything that I am doing right now from my interviews to my live shows. Cohen is really glad to be a part of my success while we continue to make more music for the fans.
Your latest single “Dej loaf” Just dropped. How has the reaction been to that?
- The reaction to “Dej Loaf” is crazy right now. Whenever I perform that song the crowd goes crazy for it. I don’t really do it that often, but now I have been getting a lot of people on Instagram asking why I don’t perform “Dej Loaf” more. So the buzz has been very positive and I haven’t even shot the video for it yet.
What was it like for 2 Chains and Lil Wayne to hop on your “Spend it” remix?
- I was surprised, I didn’t know the song had reached to them because the song was “Atlanta hot” at the time. I thought I would have to go through their people and give their management some kind of payment. But it wasn’t like that, they reached out to us.
Since you are from Atlanta, have you tried to get in the studio with 2Chainz recently since the single has taken off?
- I haven’t reached out, but I think he understands that I am trying to build my book up. When it is time for us to do a record, I’m going to give him a call because I’m such a huge fan of his music.
Any new projects on the way ?
- My next project I’m dropping within the next month so stay tuned.
I want to thank Dae Dae and 300 Entertainment for spending their time to do this interview.
For more news on Dae Dae. Keep it locked on RESPECT.
You might also like
More from Interviews
If you've never heard of lilbootycall, you're not alone, but don't let the name fool you. His name stems from …
West Coast rapper Ambjaay shot through the charts with his breakout single "Uno." The single mixes basic Spanish and English …
History tends to repeat itself and we hope it does when it comes to winning another NBA championship! The amount …