Remember back in the day when girls were crying over guys, eating tons of ice cream and singing their hearts out to Beyoncé? Well, those days are over. Actually, women are still singing their hearts out to Beyoncé but the whole crying over guys thing is long in the past.
In 2016, the roles have changed. It seems as if guys are ready to settle down. Scratch that, I KNOW guys are ready to settle down. Sadly, for men, the emergence of the female savage has come to light. I know it’s hard for people to believe the concept of the female savage since women are “more emotional” than men but I hate to break it to you: this is a real thing. The female savage is classified as a woman who is tired of male bulls**t and has decided to treat men the way they treat women. Yikes.
No longer does she want a relationship. She wants to break hearts and have fun while doing it. So I compiled a list of songs by bad a** chicks reminding women we are in control.
- “Back Up” by Dej Loaf: Currently my anthem for 2016. This is the song for my boss chicks out there. The ones who know what they bring to the table and don’t have the time for the bulls**t.
- “Needed Me” by Rihanna: When I heard this song I replayed it 10 times; it spoke to my soul. This is a song for the girl who was in a relationship or “situationship” and the guy tried to downplay the seriousness of the situation. Like no n***a you know you loved her and now you’re wishing she would come back. Fortunately, for you, you’ve moved on to better things.
- “Just Sayin/I Tried” by The Internet: When you’ve been out of a relationship for forever and your ex keeps trying to get back together, play them this song. Basically, the song is saying he f***ed up and you don’t love him anymore.
- “Phone Down” by Erykah Badu: Of course the female savage has a soft side and this is the perfect song to depict that. Phone Down is declaring that just being in her presence is going to make him put that phone down. If he’s dealing with a female savage, then he understands that when he’s with her there is no way he’s going to be paying attention to anything but her. She’s nothing like the other girls he’s come across; he’ll be hooked.
- “Lookin A**” by Nicki Minaj: You know I couldn’t finish this list without putting this song on here. This was probably every girls anthem when it first came out because all women have all encountered a dude like this. When you catch yourself getting to soft, remind yourself that you are too much of a boss chick for any of the guys who fit the descriptions in the song.
That is it y’all. Memorize this. Love this. Play these songs. And don’t forget to remind everyone you are a female savage.
You might also like
More from Editorial/Opinion
Azealia Banks, Jeff Tweedy, Kamaal Williams & 40+ Acts Join ’22 Noise Pop Festival Lineup // City-Wide, Multi-Venue Music Fest Returns to SF Bay Area on Feb 21-27
Noise Pop Festival is excited to announce an expanded music lineup as the San Francisco Bay Area’s premier independent music …
Michael Rubin, Meek Mill and Kevin Hart Announce $15M Donation to Philadelphia’s Low-Income Students in Need
Philadelphia 76ers partner Michael Rubin, Meek Mill and Kevin Hart are teaming up to give back to the community with a …
Vans and NYC-Based Designer Sandy Liang Reunite for Playful, Elevated Footwear and Apparel Collection
This spring, Vans reunites with Lower East Side, NY designer Sandy Liang for a third footwear and apparel collaboration. Inspired …