Boston rappers Lucky Dice and Phinelia are on their bad-guy, Goodfellas-type-sh*t in the cinematic new video for “No Message,” one of many standout cuts off Dice’s recently released debut album, M.O.S.A. (Memoirs of a Starving Artist).
Given the head-nodding production supplied by Jon Glass, it’s only right that the video follows the lead with some mafioso vibes and villainous actions. Things appear to start out friendly enough with Dice calling up his crew to “pick up the package.” But as the video plays and you realize the “package” is actually their enemy, it becomes pretty clear what’s going on.
But even beyond the video’s short film-esque presentation, it’s really just another opportunity to hear Dice and Phinelia absolutely body Glass’s instrumental. The two barely give the beat room to breathe—save for some nods to Joe Pesci’s Goodfellas character—and sound particularly fired up in the final verse.
Check out the visuals above, premiered right here via RESPECT., and be sure to support Dice’s official debut, which is now available through all major digital retailers and streaming platforms, via Beantown Bullies.
M.O.S.A. Buy/Stream Links: http://smarturl.it/
01. Fresh (prod. by 75Crates)
02. Memoirs (prod. by Berdz)
03. What You Do It For (prod. by Melks)
04. Another Dollar Another Dream (prod. by Melks)
05. The Underground (feat. Chi Knox & REKS) [prod. by The Arcitype]
06. No Message (feat. Phinelia) [prod. by Jon Glass for Glasshouse Productions]
07. Clouds (prod. by Zombie Land Productions)
08. Flavors (feat. Bakari J.B. & SPNDA) [prod. by Zombie Land Productions]
09. No Time (prod. by KLK Beats)
10. Better Life (prod. by Zombie Land Productions)
11. Note To Self (prod. by 75Crates)