Snapchat announced new Snap Originals set to premiere this year!
Snap Originals have been home to the biggest stars. Now, Snap is bringing on music icon Megan Thee Stallion, and giving Snapchatters an inside look at rising stars and their favorite creators like Charli and Dixie D’Amelio and Manny MUA.
And from shining a light on social issues and racial injustice, to honest conversations on mental health and climate change – these new shows speak to the issues most important to the Snapchat Generation.
The new slate also includes shows that are only possible on Snapchat, pushing the limits of innovation and leveraging Snap’s expertise in AR to deliver immersive Originals that make viewers part of the show.
New Snap Originals include:
- OFF THEE LEASH WITH MEGAN THEE STALLION (Westbrook Media) – With multiple Grammys to her name, including Best New Artist, Megan Thee Stallion commands the charts, popular culture, and now Snapchat! In this new series, she’ll be joined by celebrity friends and their pets hosted in a way that only Megan can. Unscripted series premieres 2021.
- COMING OUT (44 Blue Productions) – Explore one of the biggest transitions in a person’s life as they come out to the world with the support of one of the most-loved icons in the LGBTQ+ community, Manny MUA. We’ll follow six young people as they gather the courage to reveal themselves to friends and family for the very first time. Executive Produced by Chloe Grace Moretz. Unscripted series premieres 2021.
- CHARLI VS. DIXIE (Westbrook Media) – In a larger than life competition series, Charli and Dixie D’Amelio go head-to-head in epic challenges that test their bravery, athleticism, and ingenuity while their squad of famous friends judge from the sidelines. Unscripted series premieres 2021.
- TWINNING OUT (Bunim/Murray Productions) – Twins and internet superstars, Niki & Gabi DeMartino, risk their boyfriends, besties, and inseparable sisterhood to make some of the biggest decisions of their lives and launch their careers to the next level. Docuseries premieres Saturday, 5/15.
- ENDLESS SEASON 4 (Bunim/Murray Productions) – While Summer and Dylan have gone their separate ways, we know that young love never grows old. With an all-new season and new cast, we follow rising creator superstars Gabby Morrison and Andre Swilley to find out if meeting online can actually lead to real love IRL. Docuseries premieres this Saturday, 5/8.
- MEME MOM (Maven) – With one of the fastest growing accounts on Snapchat, NicoleTV is giving us an all access look into her life. We’ll laugh and cry as she has to grow up fast with a newborn baby, skyrocketing career, and live-in-mother all under one roof! Docuseries premieres 2021.
- LAGO VISTA (GoodStory Entertainment) – In a docu-soap that redefines what it means to be an all-American teen, we follow seven high school seniors and recent grads through self-shot footage, as they navigate the wild, complicated, and unexpected moments of life and love in Lago Vista, Texas. Daily docuseries premieres 2021.
- BREAKWATER (Retrofit Films) – A futuristic YA drama set in a world of climate refugees. In the dangerous coastal slums outside the Los Angeles Seawall, people dream of winning the visa lottery to the safe zone while Mai, a savvy 20-year-old fixer who grew up in the Breakwater, must race against an impending hurricane to complete a mission for survival. Scripted series premieres 2021.
- THE ME AND YOU SHOW (Big Breakfast) – A first-of-its-kind personalized sketch comedy show starring you and your best friend. Using Snapchat’s Cameo technology, you become the lead actor in funny scenes with one of your best friends on Snap. Scripted series premieres 2021.
In a few weeks, Snapchat will also premiere Everything’s Fine, a scripted comedy that follows a college student coping with a new bipolar diagnosis. Executive Produced by Paul Feig (Director, Bridesmaids and Ghostbusters) and Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) who also serves as music supervisor, the series was created and written by Hannah Klein, who draws on her own experience with bipolar disorder. (Check out the trailer HERE)
Additionally, Snapchat has announced the new Creator Marketplace, which integrates Creators directly into the advertising ecosystem by enabling brands to connect with Lens Creators, Lens Developers, Lens Partners, and eventually Snap Stars to help elevate their marketing presence on the platform. The Creator Marketplace will open later this month for AR Creators and select brands through 2021. In early 2022 it will expand to an open marketplace that includes all Snap Creators.
Snap Originals are shows made exclusively for Snapchat by some of the world’s greatest storytellers and made for the unique behaviors of mobile. Each episode is highly concentrated storytelling: typically five minutes in length. They are vertical full screen, fast-paced and hyper-visual. Over 400 million people watched shows on Snapchat last year, including 93% of the Gen Z population in the US. Snapchat reaches 90% of all 13-24 year-olds and 75% of all 13-34 year-olds in the U.S.
More from Videos
YouTube Originals unveiled the official trailer for “Ice Cold” -- an all-new, four-episode docuseries that uses the prism of hip-hop …
Yungeen Ace Announces Debut Album Releasing Early July, With Features From YFN Lucci, King Von and G Herbo / New Song “Giving Up” Out Now
Hip-hop artist Yungeen Ace announced that he’ll be releasing his highly-anticipated debut album Life of Betrayal 2x in early July via Cinematic Music Group. Beyond …
On the come up as a New York drill rap star, Rah Swish can do more than just spit fire, Paying tribute to …