In this week’s episode of “Not A Sports Show” debuting on FICTO.TV Thursday, Lil Rel gets to know one of the most trailblazing female athletes in the game today Chiney Ogwumike, the first Black woman and WNBA player to host a national radio show for ESPN, while still playing in the WNBA. Check out 3 clips from the episode below!
Whether they’re talking about Chiney’s special bond with her sister, fellow WNBA superstar Nneka Ogwumike, her love of being an analyst, or showing Rel how to dance to Afro beats, it’s easy to see how Chiney is inspiring young women around the world to make history.
“Not A Sports Show” was created for 21+ sports lovers who are curious to know more about the personal lives of the athletes they love watching compete. Set in a relaxed bar atmosphere, Howery and his guests will kick back for refreshing conversations about anything and everything, and not just the game. From their greatest fears to their greatest triumphs, guests share their worst dates, personal beliefs, family life, and much more about themselves beyond their athletic achievements, all while having some fun. Lil Rel gets the athletes out of their comfort zones with lively activities, including a lie detector test, chili tasting, recreating a karate film, an improv nickname game and more.
Each episode will be dedicated to an interview between Howery and a featured athlete. The show’s first episode will be a two-part interview with former Boston Celtics star Paul Pierce, followed by the release of new episodes every Thursday through April. Guest stars include:
- Chiney Ogwumike: Los Angeles Sparks WNBA player and first Black female ESPN host
- Joc Pederson: MLB All-Star and World Series champion
- Kenny Smith: 2x NBA champion and Inside the NBA analyst
- Melvin Ingram: 3x NFL Pro Bowler
- Paul Pierce: NBA champion, finals MVP and former Boston Celtics star
- Sabrina Ionescu: 2x John Wooden Award winner, 2020 first overall draft pick and New York Liberty WNBA player
- Shannon Sharpe: 3x Super Bowl champion, NFL Hall of Famer and co-host of Skip and Shannon: Undisputed
- Shaun White: snowboarder, skateboarder, 15x X-Games gold medalist and 3x Olympic gold medalist
More from Sports
NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony Hosts Special Episode of “What’s In Your Glass” with Fellow Sports Legends Charles Woodson, CJ McCollum and PJ Tucker
Last night, ten-time NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony hosted a special, roundtable episode of his viral YouTube series “What’s In Your Glass”, presented by …
Following his first pick in the 2021 Draft, Trevor Lawrence and adidas have collaborated to release a commemorative set of …
Since arriving onto the scene 31 years ago, the Phoenix Suns Gorilla, otherwise known as “GO,” has revolutionized sports mascots …