Last Night, the NAACP celebrated the third night of the 52nd NAACP Image Awards announcing the next round of winners in the non-televised award categories, which featured categories across film and television, as well as the esteemed Founder’s Award, which was presented to NAACP Image Awards Co-Founder, Toni Vaz. The awards were announced tonight during the NAACP Image Awards’ Virtual Experience presented by Wells Fargo and hosted Nischelle Turner at virtualexperience.naacpimageawards.net.
Tonight’s winners included Jamie Foxx for Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance – Motion Picture, Marsai Martin for Outstanding Performance by a Youth (Series, Special, Television Movie or Limited-Series), VERZUZ for Outstanding Variety Show (Series or Special), Trevor Noah for Outstanding Host in a Talk or News/Information (Series or Special) – Individual or Ensemble, Steve Harvey for Outstanding Host in a Reality/Reality Competition, Game Show or Variety (Series or Special) – Individual or Ensemble, Red Table Talk for Outstanding Talk Series, Loretta Devine for Outstanding Guest Performance – Comedy or Drama Series and Laya DeLeon Hayes for Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance (Television).
As previously announced, NAACP Image Awards Co-Founder Toni Vaz, was honored with the Founder’s Award which was presented by actress Yvette Nicole Brown, to spotlight her work at creating the nation’s preeminent multicultural award show.
The night additionally featured appearances from presenters including Gospel legend CeCe Winans, stars of NBC’s “Good Girls” Retta & Reno Wilson, and Miss Juneteenth actress Nicole Beharie. Performers included Glbl Wrming, featuring Pell who gave a powerful performance showcasing the new generation of New Orleans talent.
The week-long 52nd NAACP Image Awards Virtual Experience from March 22-26, will invite fans to join the Image Awards in a celebration of “Black Excellence”–including the nightly non-televised awards program, virtual red carpet, curated conversation series, a theatre featuring past performances and speeches and an after party celebration following the LIVE show airing on BET and simulcast across ViacomCBS Networks including CBS, BET Her, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV, MTV2, Paramount, Pop, Smithsonian, TV Land, VH1, BET PLUTO, and CMT on Saturday, March 27th, 2021 at 8/7c.
The full list of winners from tonight can be found below:
Outstanding Talk Series
Red Table Talk
Outstanding Reality Program/Reality Competition or Game Show
Celebrity Family Feud
Outstanding Variety Show (Series or Special)
Outstanding News/Information (Series or Special)
The New York Times Presents “The Killing of Breonna Taylor”
Outstanding Children’s Program
Outstanding Performance by a Youth (Series, Special, Television Movie or Limited-Series)
Marsai Martin – “Black-ish”
Outstanding Animated Series
Outstanding Animated Motion Picture
Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance (Television)
Laya DeLeon Hayes – “Doc McStuffins”
Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance – Motion Picture
Jamie Foxx – “Soul”
Outstanding Host in a Talk or News/Information (Series or Special) – Individual or Ensemble
Trevor Noah – “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah”
Outstanding Host in a Reality/Reality Competition, Game Show or Variety (Series or Special) – Individual or Ensemble
Steve Harvey – “Celebrity Family Feud”
Outstanding Guest Performance – Comedy or Drama Series
Loretta Devine- “P-Valley”
Outstanding Breakthrough Creative (Television)
Raynelle Swilling – “Cherish the Day”
Special Award – Founder’s
Be sure to tune into the 52nd NAACP Awards Virtual Experience this week for all things ‘Black Excellence” including:
- The non-televised awards program which will include a pre-awards show hosted by Entertainment Tonight’s Nischelle Turner and celebrity presenters Nicole Beharie, the cast of BET’s Bigger, Tamar Braxton, Damson Idris, Daymond John, Leslie Jones, Javicia Leslie, Madalen Mills, MAJOR., Method Man, Retta & Reno Wilson (from Good Girls), Marcus Scribner, J.B. Smoove, Terrence Terrell, Susan Kelechi Watson and CeCe Winans.
- Virtual red carpet hosted by Tanika Ray.
- A conversation and panel series with the NAACP Hollywood Bureau featuring Miles Brown and President Derrick Johnson.
- The Our Stories, Our Culture program including “A Conversation With…” presented by Ford Motor Company which will salute to Essential Workers as well as a web series called Fashion Pull-Up hosted by celebrity wardrobe stylists, GooGoo Atkins and Apuje Kalu which will explore the most-notable fashion moments from the NAACP Image Awards’ red carpet.
- The NAACP Theatre which will showcase past Image Awards’ performances and speeches. Additionally all content that airs in the Virtual Experience throughout the week will be made available on demand the next day in the theatre.
- A virtual photo booth and selfie station, where fans can take a photo with their personal device and post to their social media platforms.
- Post-gala Afterparty immediately following the live broadcast on BET which will feature classic cuts by DJ Questlove, current cuts by DJ Kiss, and a Jazz Lounge performance by Robert Glasper and Lalah Hathaway.
Attendees can RSVP/pre-register for the 52nd NAACP Image Awards Virtual Experience at naacpimageawards.net.
The 52nd NAACP Image Awards is presented by Wells Fargo, and sponsored by AT&T, FedEx, Nike, Bank of America, American Airlines, Airbnb, Ford, and Alaska Airlines.
The NAACP Image Awards honors the accomplishments of people of color in the fields of television, music, literature, and film and also recognizes individuals or groups who promote social justice through creative endeavors.
For all information and the latest news, please follow NAACP Image Awards on Instagram @NAACPImageAwards.
More from Events
At long last, the world's premier hip-hop festival is back. Rolling Loud announces that its Miami 2021 festival will occur on July 23rd-25th at Hard Rock Stadium in …
Spalding Hoophall Classic presented by Eastbay Returns for 20th Year as Hall of Fame Launches Additional High School Regional Events
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announced today the launch of its newly formed regional events, which will be …
Afropunk Presents “Black Spring” Feat. Rico Nasty, Seu Jorge, Seafoam Walls, and More – Hosted by Santana Caress Benitez
Genre-defying, mainstream-disrupting cultural institution AFROPUNK is thrilled to announce this year’s virtual initiative: “Black Spring” on April 23, 2021 at 4 pm ET. “Black Spring” combines …