The wait is over! The second drop of the PUMA and Super Mario™ collaboration is just a couple of days away, created to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the iconic Super Mario Bros. franchise.
The inspiration for this footwear and apparel collection comes from the Super Mario 3D All-Stars™ game featuring three of Mario’s greatest adventures: Super Mario 64™, Super Mario Sunshine™, and Super Mario Galaxy™. This exciting partnership features some of PUMA’s most distinctive silhouettes, Clyde, Future Rider, RS-Fast, and J. Cole’s signature basketball shoe the RS-Dreamer. The apparel includes a selection of tees and sweatshirts that match the design inspiration of each shoe, which includes iconic Super Mario game elements such as colors, graphics, and fan-favorite characters found throughout.
Key footwear styles in the collection include:
- Future Rider Super Mario 64: Inspired by Super Mario’s first 3D adventure, the shoe’s upper design takes nods from Mario’s recognizable red and blue outfit, his trusty Wing Cap, and the game’s landscape color palette. Additional details include a set of bricks on the midsole, a wing embellishment on the heel, and a Super Mario 64 hangtag.
- Clyde Super Mario Sunshine: Inspired by Mario’s adventures in the tropical Isle Delfino, the shoe features details from the water-filled game, like the F.L.U.D.D., the Shine Sprites, and overall color scheme. The Clyde Super Mario Sunshine also includes a Mario hangtag where he is seen holding his F.L.U.D.D.
- RS–Dreamer Super Mario Sunshine: Inspired by Mario’s adventures in the tropical Isle Delfino, the shoe features details from the water-filled game, like the F.L.U.D.D., the Shine Sprites, and overall color scheme. The RS-Dreamer Super Mario Sunshine are available in both kids and adult sizes.
- RS–Fast Super Mario Galaxy: Inspired by 2007 Super Mario Galaxy, the shoe gives a mix of black, purple, white, and metallic silver with a galactic print. Mario’s sidekick, Luma, is clearly noticeable throughout the design.
- Future Rider Nintendo Entertainment System™: Paying homage to Nintendo’s original console, the shoe will be available in infant, kids and adult sizes in early December. The grey, red, and black color scheme is a direct nod to the system’s design. The tag on the shoe’s tongue features the cover of the first-ever Super Mario Bros. game. Other fun embellishments include the Power and Reset buttons, and a hangtag shaped like the Classic NES™ Controller.
Retailing for $40 – $125, the Future Rider Super Mario 64, RS-Fast Super Mario Galaxy, the Clyde Super Mario Sunshine and the RS-Dreamer Super Mario Sunshine will be available starting Friday, November 27, while the Future Rider Nintendo Entertainment System™ shoe will be launching globally on Friday, December 4. All styles will be available on PUMA.com, at the PUMA NYC Store and select retailers worldwide, while the Clyde Super Mario Sunshine and RS-Dreamer Super Mario Sunshine will be available at U.S. Foot Locker stores and online.
More from Lifestyle
After a successful debut in 2020, ESPN today announced plans to once again host Madden Ratings Week from July 25 to 30, …
Washington Football Team and United Airlines Announce COVID Relief Grant Program for DMV Black-Owned Small Businesses
The Washington Football Team and United Airlines today announced the launch of a program to support economic recovery for Black-owned …
Image Credit: Soundcloud Logo SoundCloud’s “Digging with Joe Kay,” a live and interactive music discovery series, is back with new episodes starting …