Triller has announced “Big Boss Talks,” a new 5-episode online series hosted by multi-talented Grammy nominated producer and A&R executive Breyon Prescott. Additionally, Triller announced “Step Up To The Mic”, a nationwide digital elimination-style talent search competition with judges Starrah, Murda Beatz, Quavo, and Takeoff on last Friday.
One talented artist will win a record label and management deal, record an original song written by prominent songwriter Starrah and produced by Murda Beatz, shoot a professional music video, and much more. Talent submissions will be accepted May 8–29, 2020, followed by fan and judge voting. The grand prize winner will be announced July 10, 2020.
“Step Up to the Mic is the chance of a lifetime for one lucky and talented artist to achieve their dreams,” said Mike Lu, CEO, Triller. “In partnership with Boost Mobile, we have created an A-list recording package with a Billboard Hot 100 recording artist that will rival any other competition and catapult a fresh star’s career. So if you think you have what it takes to be the next big thing in music, we challenge you to step up to the mic!”
The “Step Up to the Mic” grand prize winner will receive:
- Up to a one-year record label and management deal
- Record an original song written by Starrah and produced by Murda Beatz
- Shoot a professional music video
- Opportunity to place in U.S. Top 100 charts
- A free Boost Mobile smartphone and credit for up to one year of service
To Enter the “Step Up to the Mic” competition:
- Download the Triller app for iOS or Android and create a profile using your email address, if you don’t already have an account. Make sure to connect your Instagram account to your Triller account.
- Click the pink plus button at bottom of the Triller homepage.
- Select the “Social” camera feature.
- Record your video audition or upload your pre-recorded Triller video audition from your camera roll. Your audition should be around :90 seconds and can be in English or Spanish, and it can only be a recording of yourself.
- Tag @stepup, and hashtags #StepUP, #BoostxTriller, #Audition, in your video submission.
- Make sure your post is set to public!
Drigyy, a 19-year old previously unknown artist, signed a major record deal with Virgin after his video went viral on triller. Triller, which recently opened an international office in London, watched Drigyy storm the UK Leader Board last Thursday with his “Trust 2 Tough” release, gaining millions of plays within a few days. The hot new single is already seeing amazing growth, viral videos and he is quickly moving to superstar status.
“Triller helped bring my wave to the surface. Use it! I’ll be making Trillers till I die!” said an ecstatic Drigyy after the signing.
Archie Lamb, A&R at Virgin Records said, “We have been watching the Triller UK Leader Board where we came across Drigyy. We instantly loved his song, found his social media profile and offered him a record deal there and then! I’m very happy to have signed Drigyy as he is a very exciting young talent with great tunes. He’s someone who understands the new age of media and how to build a profile.”
Triller has quickly approached close to 100 million downloads and has created “social streaming,” by interacting on Triller artists’ gain streams, leading to gold and platinum as well as helping artists make money off of their music versus other sites which continue to exploit their music.
We got a chance to speak with Ryan Kavanaugh, executive and strategic partner for Triller to talk about Big Boss Talks, Step Up To The Mic, new upcoming Triller features + more Get into the interview audio below.
More from Interviews
RESPECT. Interview: Duckwrth Talks Latest EP, SG8*, Being Apart Of The Space Jam: A New Legacy Soundtrack, Touring With Billie Eilish + Much More
LA-based recording artist, musician and designer, Duckwrth, has released his new project, SG8*, out now. The project is aptly named after the SuperGood …
RESPECT. Interview: Boslen Talks Debut Album ‘Dusk to Dawn’, Signing to Capitol Records, Dream Collaboration + More
Vancouver-bred genre-defying artist Boslen shares his debut album DUSK to DAWN. The 22-year-old rapper’s first body of work since signing to Capitol Records in partnership …
RESPECT. Interview: Prince Taee Talks New Single “Certified Stepper”, Dream Collaboration + Much More
Rapper and songwriter, PRINCE TAEE, co-signed by legends like Jazzy Pha and Fabolous released his newest single/video for “Certified Stepper ft. EST GEE …