Yesterday, Quibi released the trailer for &Music, a series that explores music beyond the songs and even the musicians – and debuts on Quibi on April 6.
&MUSIC explores music beyond the songs and even the musicians. This docuseries dives deep into the unsung artists and individuals who work alongside the world’s biggest musicians to elevate music into an all encompassing phenomenon. From light directors to choreographers, audio engineers to songwriters and beyond, the series follows subjects who not only enhance music, but experience it from entirely different perspectives.
Produced by OBB Pictures & Goodstory Entertainment.
The documentary series will feature the following artists on camera:
- Light & Music: Gabe Fraboni & Martin Garrix: In the weeks leading up to the Amsterdam Dance Event, light director and creative director Gabe Fraboni and his team work to redesign and reprogram the entire light and visual show for the world’s #1 DJ, Martin Garrix… from scratch. Directed by JP Stiles & Harrison Macks.
- Dance & Music: Scott and Brian Nicholson & Ariana Grande: In the midst of Ariana Grande’s Sweetener World Tour, choreographers and creative directors Scott & Brian Nicholson stop in Switzerland to create a dance routine for one of Ariana’s songs – “Breathin” – that has never been paired with choreography before. Directed by JP Stiles & Harrison Macks.
- Mind & Music: Ramiro Agudelo & J Balvin: Spiritual Guide and Mentor Ramiro Agudelo travels from Medellin to Miami to help his close friend José Álvaro Osorio Balvín – otherwise known as reggaeton superstar J Balvin – who is struggling with anxiety amidst his Arcoiris World Tour. Directed by JP Stiles & Harrison Macks.
- Audio & Music: Derek Ali aka MixedByAli & YG: While working to mix YG’s new single “Konclusions”, mix engineer Derek Ali (aka MixedbyAli) describes how tireless work ethic, a knack for “seeing” sound, and a passion for mixing from his roots has allowed him to become one of the most sought after engineer’s in the game. Directed by Calmatic.
- Style & Music: Jasmine Benjamin & Anderson .Paak: With a calendar full of back-to-back concerts, events, and appearances, fashion stylist Jasmine Benjamin works to create a series of genreless looks for one of music’s most versatile talents, Anderson .Paak. Directed by JP Stiles & Harrison Macks.
- Writing & Music: Andrew Watt & Ozzy Osbourne: Andrew Watt is one of the most prolific young songwriters and producers in the pop world today, but he’s a rocker at heart… and the Prince of Darkness is calling. With ten years since his last album release, Ozzy Osbourne calls on Andrew to write his next album. Directed by Michael D. Ratner.
Executive Producers: Michael D Ratner, Scott Ratner, Elias Tanner, Scooter Braun, Allison Kaye, Scott Manson, JD Roth, Adam Greener, Candice Dragonas, Harrison Macks, JP Stiles.
More from Lifestyle
While majority people are at home watching Netflix, even Netflix was one of the nearly 270k viewers tuned in cutting up in …
Koereyelle DuBose is the creator of WERK University which is a financial coaching business that teaches women how to get …
Erykah Badu Returns with “Quarantine Concert Series, Apocalypse Two: The Rooms” Interactive Experience
This week soul singer, songwriter and producer Erykah Badu delivers the second episode of her Quarantine Concert Series, Apocalypse Two: The …