His new track “Break Sh*t” is coming alongside an extremely turned up “Live Tour Video” (pw: Jasiah) which includes footage from his recent sold out run of North American dates with $NOT – imagine if the moshpit from Rolling Loud had its own tour led by Juice WRLD’s evil screamo-rapper cousin who uses his Travis Scott-like stage presence to command an army of bloody nosed, crowd surfing, broken bones, stage diving teenagers. I haven’t seen kids going this crazy since Odd Future’s first performance in NYC, just instead of Mos Def climbing in the rafters, it was Travis Barker whaling on the drums. Even Lil Tecca was there going ham, dancing on a chair in the VIP section.
Track and Video Link: https://Jasiah.lnk.to/
- From Dayton Ohio, one of nine siblings
- No tats, doesn’t do drugs, battles with depression / big on mental health, wants to encourage people to take care of themselves, very political, punk
- Former choir student and classically trained Italian Opera singer (sings in italian on his 2019 album intro track, “Voices”)
- Makes hyper-aggressive rap which occupies the space between artists like XXX and 6ix9ine (if someone like Juice WRLD is an “emo rapper,” then Jasiah would be a “screamo” rapper)
- Leading the charge from emo / soundcloud rap to the genre’s full on embrace of punk and hardcore.
- Very musical, does all his own production, multi-instrumentalist (can play piano and guitar), wants to pursue Opera after rap
- He just got off a run of sold out tour dates with $NOT
- Broke his arm in the mosh pit a week before the tour ended, but instead of pulling off, he got his arm wrapped in a soft cast and insisted on pressing forward, not only performing, but throwing himself into the mosh pit like a maniac at every show.
- Travis Barker also happens to be a close friend and frequent collaborator of his and he came out to perform four tracks with him on the final date of his tour in LA, at The Roxy in West Hollywood.
- Genre experimentation and dark worldview, prefers distorted beats and using a harsh, yell-y, often visceral delivery on his songs — think hard hitting mosh pit music meant to be shouted in front of huge crowds of people.
- Walks the line between hard rock and rap, rolling out a couple more rock leaning songs before the more rap leaning EP which we plan to drop in the spring with a few high level rap features. It’s entirely produced by Jasiah
- “Code 9” fans know all the words to this song and sing along with Jasiah when he performs it live. There’s also two versions, one with 6ix9ine and one with $NOT, both equally good imo, but I feel less bad listing to the Yung Bans version, ha.
- “Heartbreak” feat Travis Barker and starts off with a gentle rock instrumental (reminds me of “Adam’s Song” by Blink-182) as Jasiah gently croons about his recent loss before it explodes at the end with his guttural shouts.
- “Shenanigans” was his breakout song and racked up over 21.5M soundcloud streams. It also samples the theme song from the classic Cartoon Network series Courage The Cowardly Dog–the beat is so manic and upbeat, that it provides an interesting contrast to his shouts.
Calmatic Breaks Down the Creation of Anderson .Paak’s “Bubblin” Visual
Christina Aguilera Connects with Goldlink for Anderson .Paak-Produced “Like I Do”
More from New Music
YG Turns It Up with New Studio Album
I Got Issues Delivers With A Powerful Supporting Cast Of True Lyricists—J. Cole, Post Malone, Nas, Moneybagg Yo, 21 Savage, …
Multi-Platinum Recording Artist Russ Releases Surprise Single “Last Night”
Multi-Platinum recording artist, producer, and entrepreneur Russ drops a surprise new single “Last Night” via DIEMON Records following a sneak …
Toosii’s New EP, ‘Boys Don’t Cry’, Set For October 7 Release
Toosii will release his new EP, Boys Don’t Cry, on October 7, via South Coast Music Group/Capitol Records. Today, as the EP pre-save launched, …
Leave a Reply