Today, Oakley® opened the doors of City of Origins, an immersive three-day retail pop-up store in Los Angeles — honoring the brand’s heritage in sports performance, which was cemented in 1984 with the Oakley Eyeshade. The three days are purposefully curated to celebrate that year, the same year the city of Los Angeles hosted the iconic summer games that proved to break boundaries and set the path for the future.
To celebrate the launch, last night, Oakley invited friends and family for a first look at the space, including a preview of the photography exhibition by surfer, artist and model Evan Mock, appearances by BMX icons Bob Haro and Nigel Sylvester who will be hosting a one on one talk later this weekend and a first look at an Origins Capsule apparel collection designed by artists Ganna Bogdan and Sage Adams. Other notable attendees and friends of the brand include Joe Holder, Atiba Jefferson, Eric Koston, Sage Erickson and more.
Consumers were invited to join City of Origins for a variety of programming inspired by all things sports and 1984 by signing up for tickets HERE. Panels and workshops being held throughout the limited-time opening include:
- 02.21 @ 1PM Oakley Heritage & Creator Workshop – Brian Takumi & Evan Barnhart, Oakley creatives and engineers lead a rare dip dye eyewear customization experience and an in-depth look at the brand’s archive
- 02.21 @ 3PM Origins of BMX Style – Bob Haro and Nigel Sylvester, Two BMX icons discuss the legacy and future of the sport
- 02.21 @ 5PM My Origins – Evan Mock, a visionary artist and athlete guides us through his first photo show
- 02.22 & 02.23 @ 10AM Shades of Greatness – Ariel Foxie, A guided training experience that connects inner vision to physical performance and a chance to test the EVZero Blades
- 02.22 @ 3PM The Future’s in Sight – Sage Adams and Ganna Bogdan, the LA activist and multimedia artist discuss the role of sport and creativity as forces of change
- 02.22 @ 5PM ‘84 till Infinity – Hassan Rahim, The influential artist explores how the pioneering vision for the LA 1984 summer games incited a design revolution
Oakley City of Origins is located at 427 N. Fairfax, Los Angeles.
For more information on Oakley’s Origins eyewear collection, please visit Oakley.com.
Calmatic Breaks Down the Creation of Anderson .Paak’s “Bubblin” Visual
Christina Aguilera Connects with Goldlink for Anderson .Paak-Produced “Like I Do”
More from Fashion
adidas Skateboarding Unveils the Tyshawn x Spitfire Silhouette Available Now
Arriving in a new colorway, the Tyshawn x Spitfire model will be available for purchase starting tomorrow, September 24th via www.adidas.com/skateboarding and in specialty …
Spotify x Blackpink Present: Born Pink: The Pop-up Experience in LA
In celebration of BLACKPINK's sophomore album, BORN PINK, Spotify presents BORN PINK: The Pop-Up Experience, all weekend-long from September 16-18 in Los …
Available Tomorrow—adidas Skateboarding x Lucas Puig’s All-New PUIG Indoor Silhouette
adidas Skateboarding in collaboration with premiere global Pro skateboarder Lucas Puig unveils the all-new PUIG Indoor—a nouveaux take on the Frenchman’s signature model. Led …
Leave a Reply