To officially launch the long-term adidas Legacy basketball program in Chicago, the brand hosted the ‘World’s Best Career Day,’ where superstars from the NBA (including James Harden, Derrick Rose and Zach LaVine), WNBA (including Candace Parker, Chiney Ogwumike, Liz Cambage) and the world of entertainment (Jonah Hill, Rapsody, Ninja) mentored Chicago youth through seven interactive workshops.
A few highlights from the day:
- Jonah Hill invited James Harden to surprise the students in his Filmmaking Lab. Harden made a guest appearance in the students’ short film, joining in on their dance session.
- Derrick Rose dropped by the Sneaker Lab to help inspire student footwear designs, providing feedback and excitement on the student-athletes’ different sketches.
- Candace Parker, Chiney Ogwumike, Maria Taylor and Tracy McGrady brought students behind the news desk in the Broadcasting Lab for a first-hand experience into the work of broadcast journalism.
240 basketball student athletes (120 boys and 120 girls) from eight Chicago-area public high schools had the opportunity to learn first-hand from their role models and discuss future career paths, ranging from professional sports to design, music, broadcasting, business, gaming, photography and film.
The adidas starting line-up for ‘World’s Best Career Day’ included:
- Apparel Lab: James Harden, Daniel Patrick
- Sneaker Lab: Derrick Rose
- Broadcasting Lab: Candace Parker, Chiney Ogwumike, Maria Taylor and Tracy McGrady
- Music Lab: Pusha T, Rapsody, Liz Cambage
- Filmmaking: Jonah Hill, Alexis Jones
- Gaming Lab: Ninja, Zach LaVine, Sugar Gamers
- Creative Business Lab: Fat Tiger (Creative collective & Streetwear Shop Owners)
- Special Guests: Kyle Lowry & Patrick Beverley
Calmatic Breaks Down the Creation of Anderson .Paak’s “Bubblin” Visual
Christina Aguilera Connects with Goldlink for Anderson .Paak-Produced “Like I Do”
More from Events
A Great Night in Hip-Hop — Tonight at Fotografiska NY!
Legends of Hip-Hop journalism will pay tribute to what is regarded as one of the most icon photos in music …
Nems, G Herbo, Westside Gunn and more Joins D’USSE at Rolling Loud New York – Day 1
Yesterday, D'USSÉ Cognac kicked off Day 1 of this year’s Rolling Loud in New York which featured performers such as …
Snoop Dogg & Shante Broadus Debut The Broadus Collection By Shante & Snoop, A Luxury Scarf Line!
Entertainment icon and entrepreneur Snoop Dogg has unveiled his most personal business venture along with his wife, Shante Broadus, for …
Leave a Reply