Inspired by Reebok’s 2001 ad campaign ‘It’s A Woman’s World’ – which featured a host of fearless, female superstars addressing cultural and gender stereotypes – the “It’s A Man’s World”initiative addresses a powerful sentiment that remains as relevant now as it was twenty years ago. Anhia (Distortedd) is a woman who is defying convention and paving the way for other creatives on a daily basis embodying the ‘It’s A Man’s World’ message through her emboldened creative voice, breaking standards in the art world.
Distortedd’s Shoe Design, Inspiration & Quotes:
- Distortedd’s unique illustration style showcased on the shoe is influenced by a mix of skate culture, graffiti and her favorite childhood cartoons. “As a kid I was always obsessed with cartoons. I used to just sit in my room and draw cartoon characters.” “In Philly I hung out with a lot of graffiti artists and skaters. There’s a cool underground scene there that’s really slept on.”
- Distortedd shows female artists that anything is possible. “Animation, painting and graphic art is really male dominated. For women to get to that level, you have to put in years and time. I really have to fight for people to look at my art.”
- The iconic Instapump Fury proved to be the ideal canvas to tell her story. “This shoe, I really wanted it to show the hard work, the blood, sweat and tears that I put into my art to get to where I am now.” “It (Instapump Fury) is like a big canvas to me. I can do so much with it.”
- A graffiti‐style pastel illustration of tentacles, eyeballs and sharp teeth pop off the all‐white background. “To be honest, this design is just me regurgitating, like throwing up everything that I’ve built so far. The art is basically eating the shoe.”
The Reebok x Distortedd ‘It’s A Man’s World’ Instapump Fury:
- arrives in inclusive men’s and women’s size ranges
- retails for $180.00
- is available now at www.Reebok.com/IAMW.
More from Fashion
Today, adidas Basketball and Donovan Mitchell introduce the second version of the all-star’s signature footwear line, D.O.N. Issue #2. The …
Designer John Geiger continues his stride of highly coveted releases. His eponymous brand is excited to officially announce and unveil …