Last night, Spotify hosted its annual Best New Artist party at The Lot Studios in West Hollywood. Returning for its fourth year, the highly anticipated event has become one of the hottest parties of Grammy week. The evening celebrated this year’s Best New Artist Grammy nominees featuring exhilarating performances from all eight category contenders, including Black Pumas, Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X, Lizzo, Maggie Rogers, Rosalía, Tank and The Bangas, and Yola. In between performances, DJ D-Nice curated the vibe throughout the night.
Guests were treated to a cutting-edge light display, celebrating each of this year’s nominees, alongside massive floral displays draping over the bars. The crowd included some of the most influential names in music and entertainment, including Kate Beckinsale, Heidi Klum, Billy Porter, Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross, Derek Hough, Ben Platt, Lewis Capaldi, Lauren Jauregui, Aly and AJ, Zoey Deutch, Bebe Rexha, Kaitlynn Carter, Ariel Winter, Olivia Holt, Dillon Francis, Tinashe, Noah Cyrus, the cast of Netflix’s Cheer, Sofi Tukker, Lindsey Stirling, Rhys Darby, Ajiona Alexus, Christian Combs, Pete Wentz, Dinah Jane, Madison Beer, Ty Hunter, and more.
Lizzo was the first to hit the massive stage and rallied the crowd with her wildly popular track, “Truth Hurts,” a hair-tossing performance of “Good As Hell,” followed by “Cuz I Love You,” and “Tempo.” Country-soul music singer and songwriter, Yola kept the crowd energized with “Faraway Look,” “It Ain’t Easier,” before finishing with “I Don’t Wanna Lie.” Billie Eilish was then joined by brother and songwriter, Finneas intoxicating fans with a melodic, stripped down performance of “bad guy,” “all the good girls go to hell,” “idontwannabeyouanymore,” and “everything i wanted.” They closed the set with an enchanting version of “ocean eyes.”
Funk and soul duo Black Pumas lit up the stage with “Fire,” “Know You Better,” “Black Moon Rising,” followed by “Colors.” Indie songstress Maggie Rogers gave a high-energy performance owning the stage with electrifying dance moves. She performed “Give A Little,” followed by “Burning,” “Say It,” “The Knife,” before slowing down for a breathtaking finale of “Fallingwater.” Finally, the room went wild when genre-bending sensation, Lil Nas X hit the stage performing “Panini,” followed by “Rodeo,” before concluding with fan-favorite track “Old Town Road,” featuring surprise guest performer, Billy Ray Cyrus.
Rosalía blew away the crowd with a set that included “Pienso en tu Mira,” followed by her latest single, “A Palé” before bringing out Latin trap and reggaeton superstar, Ozuna for a surprise duet of “Yo X Ti, Tu X Mi.” The breakout star then showcased an exhilarating visual performance of smash hit, “Con Altura” before concluding with “Malamente.” New Orleans-bred musical group Tank and The Bangas rounded out the evening of vibrant musical acts by bringing their latest album to life with “Spaceships,” “Nice Things,” “Hot Air Balloons,” and “Dope Girl Magic.”
- Billy Porter brought his Pose persona with a red carpet runway walk donning his new Ivy Park x Adidas collection.
- Billie Eilish and Billy Porter shared a huge embrace, photo moment and… a very similar choice in fashion tonight.
- When asked about her relationship with Spotify, Lizzo recounted her appreciation for Spotify’s early support, saying “Spotify has been a part of this journey since the beginning.”
- Lil Nas X turned the crowd into a sea of phones as everyone excitedly raised their hands in the air and sang along to his massive hit, “Old Town Road.”
- Bebe Rexha, Noah Cyrus, Lauren Jauregui and Tinashe had a boss babe photo moment as they reconnected on the red carpet.
- Good friends and stars of Netflix’s Politician, Ben Platt and Zoey Deutch, took in the excitement of the night together.
- Rosalía mesmerized fans, flanked by her enchanting troupe of dancers, giving an emotional performance that blended her trademark fusion of modern pop and flamenco.
- Heidi Klum and husband Tom Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel sipped cocktails and snuggled, while enjoying the performances of the night.
- The cast of Netflix’s popular Cheer dazzled the crowd with an impromptu high-energy dance circle.
More from Events
Today, Polo G and Chief Keef announce a partnership with live concert platform DREAMSTAGE for an exclusive concert on Friday, October 23 …
Rolling Loud Announces Lineup for Live Virtual Festival ‘Loud Stream’ – Swae Lee, Ski Mask The Slump God, NLE Choppa, more
Rolling Loud is bringing the mosh pit to you with its first ever virtual festival – Loud Stream. Happening THIS weekend, …
On November 13th, GRAMMY-winning jazz icon George Benson will release ‘Weekend In London,’ an electrifying new live album capturing his …