This Halloween, Spotify is celebrating the artists who have dared to push boundaries and challenge us, often with their iconic style. Here’s how:
Our “Stay Scary” playlist, featuring the scariest artists who have pushed cultural norms, as well as short films featuring Janet Jackson, Freddie Mercury and Johnny Cash.
· A costume pop up! We’re celebrating some of the most iconic artists with free costumes inspired by artists like Billie Eilish, Freddie Mercury, Lil Nas X and Madonna. You’ll find photos of some of the costume accessories here.
STAY SCARY POP UP
Music fans are invited to check out – and take home – costumes inspired by artists like Billie Eilish, Freddie Mercury, Lil Nas X and Madonna at a thrilling immersive pop-up in New York’s Soho neighborhood. Costume accessories include an Eilish crown adorned with spiders similar to the one featured in the singer’s “you should see me in a crown” music video, and a replica of the live python Britney Spears famously draped around her shoulders during her 2001 MTV VMA’s performance of “I’m a Slave 4 U.” Also available is Trippie Redd’s iconic fang grillz and the Lil Nas X rhinestone-accented jacket patch you see in his “Old Town Road” music video (see below for a full list of featured costumes).
The pop-up will be open to the public in NYC on Saturday, October 26th and as well as scoring a free costume (on a first come, first-served basis) visitors will be able to interact with a “dare to listen” playlist station, see Spotify-produced short films highlighting musicians who have stepped outside comfort zones for the sake of their art, as well as take some pretty awesome photos.
When: Saturday, October 26th from 10am – 9pm
Where: 163 Mercer Street, New York NY 10012
What: A Spotify Halloween Costume pop-up, with these free costumes and accessories (note that merchandise at the pop-up is limited and entrance is on a first-come, first-served basis, capped at venue capacity):
- Lil Nas X “Old Town Road” jacket patch
- Billie Eilish crown with spiders, a nod to her “you should see me in a crown” music video
- Trippie Redd fang grillz
- Madonna “BOY TOY” belt, as worn during her “Like A Virgin” performance at the 1984 MTV VMA’s
- Willie Nelson-inspired bandana with braids
- Horned ghoul mask, as worn by metal band Ghost
- Bad Bunny sunglasses and nail decals
- Freddie Mercury Live Aid outfit accessories
- Alice Cooper striped suit and cane
- Britney Spears yellow python replica from 2001 MTV VMA’s “I’m a Slave 4 U” performance
- Jaden Smith ERYS chain
More from Events
The Weeknd has announced his new headline world tour, The After Hours Tour, starting June 11th on the heels of his …
Spotify Amplifies Year-Round Black History Celebration with Black History Is Now: Phenomenal Black Music
Announced today, this Black History Month, Spotify is amplifying their commitment to the elevation and support of Black voices in music, culture, …