Our new original character-driven docuseries and unscripted shows celebrate an inspirational plus sized dance squad, track the rise and fall of hip hop phenom Tekashi 6ix9ine, follow transgender beauty influencer Nikita Dragun looking for love, and delve deep into teens facing mental health issues (including a show with original music from Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz, an outspoken mental health advocate), among other themes. More details below.
In addition, Snap announced today it will be renewing the following serialized Snap Originals:
- Bringing Up Bhabie (season 2 returns Winter 2020)
- Two Sides (season 2 returns Spring 2020)
- Kappa Crypto (season 2 returns Spring 2020)
- The Dead Girls Detective Agency (season 4 returns Fall 2019)
New Snap Originals include:
- Tekashi69 VS The World (Complex; season 1) – This up-to-the-minute docuseries traces the rise and fall of controversial rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine, from his earliest days growing up in Brooklyn, through his chart-topping career and star-studded collaborations, to his trouble with the FBI and eventual incarceration. Docuseries launches Fall 2019.
o Each season of Snap’s new franchise “VS The World” will explore the life and journey of some of the biggest names in hip hop, sports, and entertainment culture, with exclusive footage, commentary, and and a totally original perspective.
- Nikita Unfiltered (Sirens Media) – This up close and personal docuseries follows transgender beauty mogul Nikita Dragun as she reveals a vulnerable new side to herself that her millions of fans haven’t yet seen as she starts to date as a woman for the first time. Docuseries premieres Winter 2020.
- The Honeybeez (Leftfield Pictures) – The Honeybeez, Alabama State’s plus-size dance squad, is here to prove that dance is for everyone. These young, inspiring HBCU dancers let the haters be their motivators as they showcase their remarkable talents on the biggest collegiate stages. Docuseries premieres December 2019.
- Driven (Big Fish Entertainment, an MGM Company) – This entourage of young entrepreneurs at PTG365 deliver flashy, custom cars to their high roller clients using nothing but their phones and a whole lot of hustle. The high end, exotic car industry will never be the same. Docuseries premieres Winter 2020.
- Mind Yourself (Barcroft Studios) – In this anthology series, each episode paints an honest and intimate portrait of a young person suffering or recovering from a mental health issue. From OCD and body dysmorphia through depression and PTSD, the series gives a human face – and hope – to young people facing similar issues. Unscripted series premieres Winter 2020.
- Everything’s Fine (Powderkeg) – Gemma is a college junior with big plans to kill it in the music industry while coping with a brand new bipolar diagnosis. Everything’s Fine is a comedy with an unflinching point of view on what it takes to manage a mental health condition (sometimes well, sometimes disastrously) while striving to be an overachiever. Scripted series premieres Spring 2020; working title.
o Background note: The series is created and written by Hannah Klein (The Detour) who draws on her own experience with bipolar disorder. Musician Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy), an outspoken mental health advocate, serves as producer and music supervisor, and will bring new music to the show. The series is produced by Powderkeg (whose president and founder Paul Feig is the director of Ghostbusters and Bridesmaids).
- Players (Loud Labs Media and One Push) – Nash Brooks, son of famed NBA player Oscar Brooks and a rising star himself, relocates from Indiana to LA when his Dad is traded. No longer a big fish in a small pond, he has to prove his worth at a fancy west LA private school where he’s not even guaranteed a starting spot on the basketball team. Scripted series premieres Fall 2019.
o Background note: The series features rising stars Stella Hudgens, Dallas Liu (Pen15), Brighton Sharbino (The Walking Dead), Micah Tarver and more.
- Save Me (Loud Labs Media and One Push) – When his online classmate and crush goes missing, isolated homeschooler Jason takes it upon himself to find and save her. But when his search leads him to an off-the-grid “conscious community” that promotes human connection over digital devices, Jason’s character is tested in real life. Scripted series premieres Winter 2020.
o Background note: The series features newcomer Matt Sato, Daniela Nieves (Five Points), Madeleine Byrne (Turnt, Lena Waithe’s upcoming BET series Twenties), Darius Marcell (Andi Mack), Madeline Zima (Californication) and William Mapother (Lost).
Snap Originals are premium shows made exclusively for Snapchat by some of the world’s greatest storytellers and made for the unique behaviors of mobile. Each episode is highly concentrated storytelling: typically five minutes in length. They are vertical, paced for mobile and hyper-visual.
Snapchat reaches a very crucial young audience with an average of 203 million daily active users. In the U.S., Snapchat reaches 90% of all 13-24 year olds and 75% of all 13-34 year olds. Over the past year the time spent watching Shows on Snapchat every day more than tripled.
More from Lifestyle
Mudasser Ali is a Creative Director from Toronto, Canada that’s continuously in-demand. Living in a city where information workers have …
Jesse Neo Turns from Artist to Self-Proclaimed Music Technologist By Creating His New Platform ‘Gemtracks’
Rising artist, Jesse Neo, tells us how his musical background allowed him to create a marketplace for producers and other …
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd5BAO7WgLU&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=Snap+Original+Tune-in+Alerts&utm_campaign=6e99d87d7a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_02_14_04_32&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ca522bd5be-6e99d87d7a-260817191 In this unscripted original series, each episode paints an honest and intimate portrait of a young person suffering or recovering …