Today, Reebok announces the first female partnership in its new ‘It’s A Man’s World’ campaign, as the brand joins forces with consultant, designer and sneaker expert, Jazerai Allen-Lord.
A woman who is defying convention and carving a powerful path in predominantly male fields, Jazerai embodies the ‚ ‘It’s A Man’s World’ message through her relentless drive to break standards and make her mark no matter the industry. Bringing her personal story with ‘It’s A Man’s World’ to life, Jazerai worked with Reebok to update the cult Club C sneaker.
JAZERAI’S DESIGN INSPIRATION & QUOTES
- Amongst many things, Jazerai is a mother, businesswoman and powerful female voice in the sneaker industry; her shoes needed to reflect these traits and the needs of the multiple roles she plays in her life
- The Club C was chosen because it’s a timeless shoe that goes with everything, answering Jazerai’s need for ease as an in-demand businesswoman and mother of two
- The sneaker’s understated vintage chalk palette champions the inclusiveness of ‘It’s A Man’s World’- a colorway that Jazerai’s sons and male supports can wear, which also gives women an option outside of stereotypical purple and pink. “Striking out ‘it’s a man’s world’ for me means that I can wear a full men’s outfit if I want, and men can wear my shoe if they want. It’s not man’s world, it’s an inclusive world for everybody, where everything is interchangeable.”
- Referencing Jazerai’s spiritual relationship and first successful design project, God Bless the Fresh, ‘Blessed’ is embossed in sneaker’s logo window, with iterations of her tattoos weaved into the design. “Blessed is an all-encompassing, unisex feeling and reflects that my life has come with sacrifice. We need to be transparent and real with ourselves with where we’re at. I am blessed to be here today. Just remember that.”
- Jazerai’s son’s birth dates are embossed in gold on a luxury nubuck tongue, whilst the sockliner features a handwritten note and illustrations of the people who have supported her through her journey. “I really want to honor my kids. I’ve been a single mom through most of my journey and they’ve been sticking with me.
- Unique hangtags featuring Adinkra symbols poignantly reflect Jazerai’s journey as a black woman, mother and creative; one of Jazerai’s tattoos for her boys, the “Eban” represents love, safety and security, whilst the “Nyansapo” represents wisdom, ingenuity, intelligence and patience
As cultural and gender stereotypes remain at the forefront of societal discourse, Reebok will continue to drive awareness around gender equality. In addition to Jazerai, the brand has partnered with four other women who are trailblazing their way in male-dominated industries. A new partnership and collaborative sneaker will launch every month from September – January, each available exclusively at www.Reebok.com/IAMW, in inclusive men’s and women’s size ranges.
The Reebok Classic x Jazerai Allen-Lord ‘It’s A Man’s World’ Club C is available on September 1 at www.Reebok.com/IAMW.
More from Fashion
adidas and Jeremy Scott are reprising their iconic collaboration by bringing back the notorious JS Wings. Offered in both adult …
Reebok reunites the brands that reignite a crossover of two of the most iconic families in television history – The …