This Friday kicks off 2019 MLB Players’ Weekend, the annual event where baseball players get to show off their style, passions and personality for the three-game series.
Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant will once again partner with three local Chicago street artists to customize two pairs of adidas KB17 cleats and a Kris Bryant signature Chandler baseball bat to raise awareness for spinal cord research. Wings For Life is spinal cord research foundation and charity that KB has supported since his first games in MLB. Spinal cord injury is near to Bryant as his close friend Cory Hahn, a former All-American high school baseball player, was paralyzed sliding into 2nd base in 2011 while a freshman at Arizona State University.
Kris will don the “Wings” themed cleats during MLB Players’ Weekend series to shed light on the not-for-profit spinal cord research foundation, whose mission is to find a cure for spinal cord injury. The cleats and bat will be auctioned off at the Wings for Life Golf Classic on September 23.
Fans can bid for the items at the event or online here. Additional details on the designs and artists can be found below.
- Cleats inspired by his parents – what he cherishes the most
- Kris grew up learning to hit in the batting cage with his dad – this is where he truly fell in love with baseball
- Artist Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/afrokilla/
- Cleats inspired by a childhood memory of playing whiffle ball in his town and soaring through a neighbor’s window
- Artist Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ellooelloo/
- Cleats inspired by his love of superheroes
- Artist Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/blake_jones/
More from Fashion
First drop of adidas Originals by Craig Green to launch globally on January 31 The collection launches with two …
PUMA is debuting its first designer collaboration for the Rider franchise with Chinatown Market. For this drop, the collaborators take a …