Chicago, Illinois – August 3rd, 2019
- Will Bynum returns and sets a new league scoring record of 33 points as Bivouac goes to 4-3 on the season.
- Power continued their impressive hot streak beating Enemies as 42 of the teams’ 50 points were scored by players with Chicago ties (Corey Maggette, Quentin Richardson, Carlos Boozer, Julian Wright).
- BIG3 continues tomorrow in Milwaukee (4PM EST) on CBS Sports Network Sunday.
- Today’s attendance was 12,547.
- Celebrities at today’s game included Richard Dent, Twista, Demarcus Cousins, Don Brumfield and Ryan Henry from Black Ink Crew.
Killer 3’s 42 (4-3) vs Bivouac 51 (4-3)
Hometown hero Will Bynum scored a league-record 33 points as Killer 3’s had no way to stop him from scoring.
Led by Stephen Jackson, Killer 3’s didn’t have enough offense to combat the pairing of Josh Smith and Will Bynum. In a game that meant a lot to both teams’ playoff hopes, Killer 3’s eventually fell 51-42 as Bivouac jumped ahead of a lot of teams in the standings.
Stephen Jackson 22 PTS, 11 REBS
Will Bynum 33 PTS, 8 REBS, 3 ASTS
Power 50 (5-1) vs Enemies 41 (3-3)
Power’s heavy Chicago ties showed out as hometown players Corey Maggette, Quentin Richardson, Julian Wright and Carlos Boozer made up 42 of Power’s 50 points.
Enemies started off strong but couldn’t hold onto a lead as Power continued to create space off of their switches and rotations made by Nancy Lieberman and company.
Power goes to 5-1 on the season as Enemies take a backseat in the playoff race with two games to go before playoffs.
Corey Maggette 16 PTS, 6 REBS
Quentin Richardson 12 PTS, 4 REBS
Perry Jones 20 PTS, 9 REBS, 2 STLS
Tri-State 38 (2-4) vs Ghost Ballers 50 (3-3)
In a must win scenario for both teams, Ghost Ballers and Mike Taylor took advantage early and never let up. The game started with a Mike Bibby 4-point shot. But Tri-State, even with the return of Nate Robinson, weren’t able to stop the dynamic inside-and-out game that Ghost Ballers now have with Chris Johnson.
Ghost Ballers, who were once on the outside looking in, now look like a serious late-season threat to build momentum and possibly make the playoffs.
Mike Taylor 14 PTS, 2 REBS
Ricky Davis 13 PTS, 2 REBS
Robert Hite 11 PTS (one 4-point shot), 2 REBS
More from Sports
Reigning 3-time '6th Man of the Year' and LA Clippers star, Lou Williams, channeled his mourning of NBA legend, Kobe Bryant, …