American Express is using one of the most exciting feats in the game to deliver a first-of-its-kind offer for Card Members.
During the NBA Playoffs and Finals, when any player records a triple-double (accumulating a double-digit number total in three of five categories), American Express Card Members will score big with 32% off at NBAStore.com the day after the game. NBAStore.com is operated by Fanatics, the League’s official e-commerce partner.
Here are some fun triple-double facts:
- The NBA has seen a unique boom in triple doubles over last three seasons. There were an all-time high of 127 triple-doubles recorded this regular season, which broke the previous record set in the 2016-17 season (117). The third most triple-doubles recorded was 108, set during the 2017-18 season.
- One player led the league with 34 triple-doubles this season, putting him in a tie for second all-time in that category in NBA history.
- 37 players have recorded at least one triple-double in 2018-19 – the most in a single season in NBA history.
- 15 players have four or more playoff triple-doubles. In last season’s playoffs, there were 10 triple-doubles recorded.
Here’s how the Amex offer works:
- Once a player registers a triple-double during a playoff game, it activates the Amex offer, which will go live at 9am ET the following morning.
- The offer lasts for 24 hours and is applicable to all eligible items on NBAStore.com (in partnership with Fanatics, the global leader for licensed sports merchandise).
- The discount begins the first day of the NBA Playoffs (April 13) and runs through the culmination of the NBA Finals presented by YouTube TV in June.