American Express is using one of the most exciting feats in the game to deliver a first-of-its-kind offer for Card Members.
During the NBA Playoffs and Finals, when any player records a triple-double (accumulating a double-digit number total in three of five categories), American Express Card Members will score big with 32% off at NBAStore.com the day after the game. NBAStore.com is operated by Fanatics, the League’s official e-commerce partner.
Here are some fun triple-double facts:
- The NBA has seen a unique boom in triple doubles over last three seasons. There were an all-time high of 127 triple-doubles recorded this regular season, which broke the previous record set in the 2016-17 season (117). The third most triple-doubles recorded was 108, set during the 2017-18 season.
- One player led the league with 34 triple-doubles this season, putting him in a tie for second all-time in that category in NBA history.
- 37 players have recorded at least one triple-double in 2018-19 – the most in a single season in NBA history.
- 15 players have four or more playoff triple-doubles. In last season’s playoffs, there were 10 triple-doubles recorded.
Here’s how the Amex offer works:
- Once a player registers a triple-double during a playoff game, it activates the Amex offer, which will go live at 9am ET the following morning.
- The offer lasts for 24 hours and is applicable to all eligible items on NBAStore.com (in partnership with Fanatics, the global leader for licensed sports merchandise).
- The discount begins the first day of the NBA Playoffs (April 13) and runs through the culmination of the NBA Finals presented by YouTube TV in June.
You might also like
More from Sports
New York Road Runners (NYRR) today announced its star-studded lineup for the 50th running of the TCS New York City …
Patrick Mahomes II Pushes Boundaries of Time with Latest Adidas Collaboration, Exclusively with Foot Locker, Inc.
Patrick Mahomes II is changing the game at warp speed, blurring the lines of “normalcy,” and making an impact that …
Peloton, the world’s leading interactive fitness platform, today surprised its global community of more than 5.9 million Members with an …