Continuing the 2019 NBA All-Star weekend festivities, last night, Jordan Brand hosted its #JordanFamily Celebration with special guests including Russell Westbrook, Blake Griffin & MJ himself.
Today, Nike and Jordan Brand kicked of the day by hosting a design workshop for local youth and unveiling an exclusive Wings Air Jordan IV (friends and family) at Social Status.
Nike and Jordan Brand opened the doors of OWNERS HQ at The Mint Museum for the third day. Highlights of the day included A’ja Wilson touring OWNERS HQ, influencer Renzo Cardoni helping guests with jersey personalization and LeBron James talking to fans about how to “Own The Court”.
The day concluded with a workshop facilitated through the Wings program with local youth at Social Status, which included a shoe deconstruction session with the Shoe Surgeon, Blake Griffin and LaMarcus Aldridge.
Voices On The Ground:
- LeBron James, LA Lakers, Power Forward: “Own The Game is about being as great as you can be. That doesn’t mean you are always going to win the game or have the most points. It’s about being as great as you can be that day, maximizing what you can be that day both on and off the court.”
- Blake Griffin, Detroit Pistons, Power Forward: “It’s always an honor to represent Jordan Brand. Especially in Charlotte.”
- LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs, Power Forward/Center: “It’s a big honor to represent Jordan Brand and he’s the best. When you join the brand you put yourself at a higher level and you carry yourself like that all the time.”
- A’Ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces, Forward: “I’m excited to be here and be a part of such a bug moment to Charlotte and energize this city.”
- James Whitner, Founder of Social Status: “Jordan Brand is engrained into the culture of the community. The Brand works constantly to make sure that they connect. This is why we’re here. This is not just about All-Star Weekend. This is about connectivity, it’s about the consumer, it’s about the experience. For all of those reasons is why it’ll live for generations.”
Tomorrow, Nike and Jordan Brand will continue to host workshops with consumers and media throughout the day at OWNERS HQ. The day will come to a close with the All-Star game featuring 19 Nike Basketball and Jordan Brand athletes.
More from Sports
With just 24 hours to go till the NCAA Tournament officially kicks off, premium sports drink BODYARMOR is debuting their …
Lasso, the first company to utilize biomedical engineering in the design of sportswear, announces their endorsement agreements with WNBA player …