On Saturday, December 8th, American Express offered Platinum Card Members an exclusive experience converging music and purpose during this year’s Miami Art Week. Hosted on the beach at Platinum House, guests enjoyed the intimate musical performance by Platinum Creative Director, Pharrell Williams, and spins by DJ duo, WATCH THE DUCK.
Pharrell performed under the iridescent lights of the Platinum House stage, and proceeds from ticket sales directly benefitted Young Audiences Arts for Learning.
Notable attendees: Venus Williams, Jonboy, Joan Smalls, DJ Ruckus, Ally Hilfiger, Hannah Bronfman, Flaviana Matata, Tash Oakley
American Express Platinum Food Trucks Curb Late-Night Cravings during Art Basel:
Expanding its footprint beyond Platinum House, American Express also brought premium late-night food trucks throughout Miami. Card Members received special dining perks as they explored Miami’s artistic hot spots by night, serving tasty bites curated by Global Dining Collection chef José Andrés. Food trucks parked close to the action at 390 NW 27th St in Wynwood and 95 NE 40th St in the Design District. José Andrés’ curated menus included:
- Fûtbol Club Barcelona
o Fried chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and Shallot mayonnaise
- Flauta con jamón ibérico y queso
o Crispy bread brushed with tomate fresco, jamón ibérico and manchego cheese
- Coca de erizos de mar
o Warm and crusty cristal bread topped with smoked iberico belly and sea urchin
- Arroz A La Cubana
o Sauteed rice with fresh tomato sauce, pork belly, plantains and fried organic egg
Complimentary to Platinum Card Members plus two guests, and available for purchase for all American Express Card Members, proceeds benefited Chef José Andrés’ non-profit, World Central Kitchen.
American Express Platinum House at the 1 Hotel South Beach
In celebration of Miami Art Week, Platinum Card Members enjoyed incredible access and exclusive experiences at Platinum House at the 1 Hotel South Beach, an American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts property. Open Thursday (12/6), Friday (12/7) and Saturday (12/8), Platinum House offered:
Complimentary, morning fitness classes for Platinum Card Members and Equinox members. Exclusive experiences and perks from the Platinum Collective:
- Audrey Gelman, co-founder of The Wing, will offer Platinum Card Members and Wing Women an oasis for networking opportunities in a pop-up “Little Cabana” lounge within Platinum House.
o On Friday 12/7, Writer and curator Kimberly Drew hosted “Miami Art Mavens: A Conversation,” a discussion about the importance and influence of women in Miami’s creative scene in The Wing’s Little Cabana lounge within Platinum House.
- Tyler Haney, founder of Outdoor Voices, will gift attendees of the Equinox workout classes with a curated gift bag of Outdoor Voices gear.
- Julia Kaganskiy, independent art curator and former director of NEW INC, will present a live drawing performance and installation at Platinum House from artist Sougwen Chung.
- Sustainable fashion label Together California debuted exclusively at Platinum House an exciting new collection that features all sustainable textiles, made ethically in the USA. They were invited by Sarah Andelman, founder of Just an Idea, who has helped bring an exclusive retail experience to Platinum House for the second time.
o Proceeds from sales benefited relief efforts for the California wildfires.
- The Platinum Heat — a Platinum signature drink created in collaboration with Platinum Collective members Bertha Gonzales Nieves of Casa Dragones, Viraj Puri of Gotham Greensand Tobin Ludwig of Hella Cocktail Co. — was served throughout the weekend as well.
Premium food and beverage offerings from American Express Global Dining Collection partner Planta.
- Specialty cocktails from the Miami Centurion Loungecurated by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan.
More from Music
Justin Bieber Announces July 3rd Show At Kia Forum In Los Angeles– The Final North American Show Of The Sold-Out Justice World Tour
Global superstar Justin Bieber announces the final North American show of his sold-out Justice World Tour, set to take place at KIA Forum in …
A new project from ATL's own Lil Gotit is otw! Since 2018, Gotit has introduced the world to the many …