To celebrate Texas and the notable community of artists and creatives within the state, Red Bull Radio is pleased to announce Now Entering Texas, a week of comprehensive music programming, in-depth storytelling and compelling conversations with some of Texas’ most notable names, including Bun B, Khalid, Khruangbin and more. Original programming will run from November 12 – 16, 2018 out of Dallas, TX. on www.redbullradio.com/texas.
Now Entering Texas will engross fans and highlight Texas rap and hip-hop as well as other musical communities to celebrate the legacy and future of these scene with programming all week long. A platform with roots in all genres far and wide, Red Bull Radio is no stranger to hip-hop, with a wide range of programming airing daily worldwide, bringing the freshest beats and lyrics along with context to what’s new and now.
Throughout the week, Red Bull Radio’s programming will present special guests, unique interviews, new and classic tracks, cultural commentary and more all paying tribute to and amplifying the state’s legendary and up-and-coming scenes and sounds to a global audience. Special mixes throughout the week will be provided by Dallas-via-Austin Lady Ja-Roq, Orion Garcia, Veronica Ortuño, and more.
Led by Red Bull Radio’s seasoned hosts and co-curated with local Texas artists, experts, and voices, Red Bull Radio’s Now Entering Texas programming will feature exclusive, in-depth interviews across several of their leading shows:
- Fireside Chats: Fireside Chats goes off the beaten musical path and leads to conversations with mavericks from all walks of sound – diving deep into compelling conversations with the industry’s most creative minds. We will welcome special guests, Bun B and Lil’ Keke, who will both share their own stories within Texas hip-hop, followed by a conversation with Houston group Khruangbin.
- Headphone Highlights: Headphone Highlights on Red Bull Radio takes a deep dive inside the playlists of the world’s finest artists, and checks unheard themes and five-star favorites for an insight into their musical minds. Broadcasting live, Headphone Highlights will explore the playlists of Khalid, Trae the Truth, El Dusty, Sam Lao, Asian Doll, and Andrew Noz.
- Peak Time: Hosted by music journalist and renowned DJ, Vivian Host, Peak Time is Red Bull Radio’s daily guide to everything fresh in music, from the best new tracks to breaking news, in-depth artist interviews, cultural commentary, event coverage and more. Typically broadcast from Red Bull Radio’s Manhattan studios, special editions of Peak Time will be broadcast throughout the week and listeners can expect to hear from Austin group S U R V I V E, whose members composed the score for Stranger Things, as well as South Texas film directors Ronnie Garza and Charlie Vela and lots more.
- Choice Mix: We will dive deep into mixes from Orion Garcia, Veronica Ortuño, and DJ Lady Ja-Roq on Choice Mix, Red Bull Radio’s home for mixes from some of the world’s most forward-thinking DJs.
- Counter Intelligence: Red Bull Radio brings you the stories of record stores from around the globe – some famous, some wildly obscure. Straight from the storefronts and personalities who run them, Counter Intelligence will highlight Dallas’ T-Town Music & More. Operating since 1994, owner George Lopez will speak on the early days of Texas hip-hop and working with artists like DSR and Swishahouse label.
- All The Raps: Hosted by Red Bull Radio’s in-house hip-hop head Andrew Noz, All the Raps is a weekly show all about hip-hop from AZ to YZ.
Confirmed special radio guests include Bun B, Khalid, Lil’ Keke, Asian Doll, Trae The Truth, Sam Lao, Lady Ja-Roq, Houston Rap Tapes, and more
For an updated schedule of what to expect from Welcome to Texas, head over to www.redbullradio.com.
More from Events
UPDATE: We now have the four dates, which you can see below. Turn up. ********** It's clear that living Rap legend Lil …