In 1993, Reebok launched the Aztrek: an off-road runner that perfectly represented the wildly original and experimental designs of the time. Relaunched 25 years later, the Aztrek’s super-futuristic layers and chunky design embrace the heart of 1990s sneaker style. To celebrate the Aztrek’s return and honor the spirit of the ‘90s-era style it embodies, Reebok has launched a campaign featuring six ‘90s-raised tastemakers for a content series titled “Aztrek: 90s Re-Run.”
Featuring the likes of social media sensation Jay Versace, vintage streetwear re-worker Sara Gourlay of Frankie Collective, cult vintage shop owner Kirk Tilton of For All to Envy and more, the campaign was shot on a variety of mediums that champion the Aztrek’s past and celebrate it within the context of contemporary culture and style.
Each partner was shot in rare vintage ‘90s Reebok gear that they personally curated or custom created – resulting in five unique “one-of-one” capsule collections, all of which will be available for anyone to enter to win on Reebok.com starting today. Sourced from their own personal wardrobes, along with hours of vintage shopping, each collection nods to the singular style of the 1990s, as well as the Aztrek’s distinctive design elements and colorways.
Shot on film as an homage to ‘90s visual culture, the campaign imagery and videos span five truly epic off-road locations, illustrating the sneaker’s evolution from an off-path performance shoe to symbol for ‘90s-inspired style. From the pristine beauty of upstate New York’s national parks, to the enigmatic Joshua Tree and Death Valley desert landscapes and Utah’s breathtaking slot canyons, the campaign showcases the Aztrek’s new Fall/Winter colorways against unique off-road environments and vibrant landscapes.
A suite of films explores how – like the Aztrek – each partner’s unique personal style brings ‘90s-era values of experimentation, originality and self-expression into the contemporary style landscape. The campaign features the following partners:
- Jay Versace – Young humorist and social media phenom who built his name on his hilarious original characters, and recently has received major attention for his on-point ‘90s style.
- Sara Gourlay of Frankie Collective – Creative Director of Frankie Collective, a women’s streetwear label that cuts apart vintage ‘90s gear and sews it back together in new, trend-relevant forms to create custom, one-of-one designs. For her vintage capsule collection, she didn’t just curate – she sewed her own unique pieces.
- Kirk Tilton of For All To Envy – An L.A.-based, vintage fashion institution that began as a shop specializing in hard-to-find ‘90s athletic apparel before moving on to creating its own original clothing.
- Jordan Page – Best known as @VeryAdvanced, Jordan is a retro style expert and streetwear archivist whose memory and knowledge of ‘90s style moments is arguably the best on the internet.
- Josh Matthews and Angie Chavez – Two next-level vintage collectors and curators who are low-key responsible for the explosion of ‘90s looks you’re seeing everywhere.
Alongside the relaunched Aztrek, all individual partner capsule collections will be available to win via a giveaway on Reebok.com – a platform for individuals to recreate their own ‘90s-inspired style. To enter to win, the rules are:
- Be a U.S. resident
- Sign up to win at https://www.reebok.com/us/90s_rerun
- Wait for an e-mail from Reebok – they’ll select six winners at random and let entrants know if they’ve won.
More from Fashion
adidas Skateboarding in collaboration with premiere global Pro skateboarder Lucas Puig unveils the all-new PUIG Indoor—a nouveaux take on the Frenchman’s signature model. Led …
Authentic storytelling is at the heart of Hebru Brantley’s work, which is why Brantley has continued to inspire and galvanise …
Vault by Vans and Joe Freshgoods Unveil Partnership with Exclusive “The Honeymoon Stage” Drop of OG Style 36’s
Vault by Vans welcomes acclaimed designer and creative director, Joe “Freshgoods” Robinson to the family. The West Side, Chicago native …