HBO and Serena Williams hosted an exclusive event experience in NYC in celebration of BEING SERENA, the intimate five-part documentary series about the tennis icon.
HBO converted an event space in NYC ’s Meatpacking District into a one-of-a-kind gallery paying homage to Williams personal and professional accomplishment. The immersive gallery featured a timeline of Serena’s accomplishments, a dance studio, tennis court and ball pit. Guest joined in on a party-style dance class led by renown celebrity choreographer Jose “Hollywood” Ramos and danced the night away with Serena Williams.
Just Dimy provided the live soundtrack for the evening as guests interacted with space over cocktails and delicious small bites.
Notable guests included:
- Serena Williams, Tennis Superstar
- Lucinda Martinez, SVP, Multicultural & International Marketing at HBO
- A$AP Ferg, Rapper
- Jose “Hollywood” Ramos, Event Choreographer
- Just Dimy, Event DJ
- Mark Anthony Green, GQ Style Guy/Artist
- Jordun Love, Model
- Terrence Brooks, New York Jets
- Samantha Black, Project Runway Season 11
- Nickayla Rivera, Model
- Freddie Ransome, Personality
- Cathleen Trigg Jones, We Are The Joneses
- Brenda Colon, Celebrity Makeup Artist
- Ashley Outrageous, Music Influencer
- Scottie Beam, Radio and TV Personality
- Bryan Griffin, GQ Insider
- Maria Clifton, DJ Ria
- Meladonna Arias, Model
- Patrick Toussaint, Recording Artist
- Dee and Ricky, Designers
“BEING SERENA” debuts on Wednesday, May 2 at 10:00PM exclusively on HBO, with new episodes airing on subsequent Wednesdays at the same time. The series will also be available on HBO Now, HBO Go, HBO On Demand and partners’ streaming services. For more informationon Being Serena, visit https://www.hbo.com/being-serena.
You might also like
More from Sports
Ahead of tip-off to the NBA season this week, Under Armour caught up with Josh as he was training hard …
To Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of ‘The Waterboy’, adidas Unveils Limited-Edition SCLSU Capsule Collection
To celebrate, adidas Football unveils a limited edition jersey and capsule collection. Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at …