Boston rapper Lucky Dice hits the campaign trail for his upcoming debut album, M.O.S.A. (Memoirs of a Starving Artist), in his stylish new video for standout single “Memoirs.”
Truth be told, there’s not too much of a defining difference between a politician playing the political game and an artist playing the rap game. That makes the visuals for “Memoirs” all the more gripping, because it’s important that people know how arduous the artistic process can be.
And for Dice, that’s meant spending nearly two decades growing into his role as a stalwart in his hometown, a journey that he outlines with tenacity and honesty throughout his verses on here. It’s all captured by director Xander Z. Hayes (of XZH Visuals), who follows the rapper’s trek across Boston and the eventual celebration at his campaign headquarters. It plays out like a clever nod to 1998 film Bulworth if, you know, the movie itself didn’t suck. But that soundtrack tho!
Check out the visuals right here courtesy of RESPECT., and be sure to support Dice’s official debut, which is set to drop next Friday (2/24) through all major digital outlets and streaming platforms, via Beantown Bullies Music!
01. Fresh (prod. by 75Crates)
02. Memoirs (prod. by Berdz)
03. What You Do It For (prod. by Melks)
04. Another Dollar Another Dream (prod. by Melks)
05. The Underground (feat. Chi Knox & REKS) [prod. by The Arcitype]
06. No Message (feat. Phinelia) [prod. by John Glass for Glasshouse Productions]
07. Clouds (prod. by Zombie Land Productions)
08. Flavors (feat. Bakari J.B. & SPNDA) [prod. by Zombie Land Productions]
09. No Time (prod. by KLK Beats)
10. Better Life (prod. by Zombie Land Productions)
11. Note To Self (prod. by 75Crates)
Lucky Dice Online:
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/LuckyDice1
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
• SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/lucky-